Nedlands Tennis Club
Winter Tennis League 2018 Nominations
Junior League Nomination Fee: $160
**Nominations closed at 6pm Wednesday 28th March 2018
Please contact Warren Vickers if you have any queries**
Prior to nominating please read the following points:
All juniors wishing to play in the Tennis League must be Financial members of NedlandsTennis Club.
- Nomination does not mean automatic selection in a team. If selected, league representation for the club implies a commitment to play most weeks.
- The nomination fee will incorporate your ball fees for the entire season, administration costs, the Tennis West Team Registration Fee, league training and a match supervisor for all fixtures.
- Age limits for juniors are as of 6th May 2018 (e.g. a 14 year old turning 15 on 7th May 2018 remains eligible to play in the 14/U age group
- Players who are selected are reminded of the clubs requirements to wear recognized tennis attire and shoe tags during practice and competitions.
- Pennants training sessions are incorporated in the $160 fee, and will run as follows:
- Age 14 + Thursdays @ 6pm-7pm
- Orange ball - age 12 Fridays @ 5.30pm-6.30pm
All matches are played on Sundays 9am – 12.30 pm
Playing Dates Juniors:
|Opening Match||Sunday 6th May 2018|
|School Holiday Break||Sunday 1st/8th/ 15th July 2018|
|Matches resume||Sunday 22nd July 2018|
|Final home & Away matches||Sunday 5th August 2018|
|Semi-Finals||Sundays 12th August 2018|
|Finals||Sunday 18th August 2018|
****Any parents who are interested in being a team manager, please let Warren Vickers know****
For all Junior Pennant enquiries please contact:
0411 140 395
Nedlands Office : 08 93895896
I took my son who is 6 years old to Blue Gum Park to join a couple of school friends in one of the Tennis Excellence development classes on a Saturday morning. My son had a lovely experience and was very well received by coaches (2 per lesson and all wearing Tennis Excellence shirt) who demonstrated enthusiasm, professionalism and passion for the sport. Before each activity, children were given clear instruction and demonstration on how to execute movement and once they started they were never on the same spot or waiting for their turn. Feedback to each participant was given constantly. Fun drills and progression of activities were sharply chosen and according to children's skills level. I come from a sports background and find it difficult not be critical when I take my children to sports activities. Tennis Excellence is serious about providing the best service and it should not only be a reference as a tennis school, but also as an example to other sport schools in Perth.